Wednesday 6 January 2010

Happy 60th


It's a male friend's 60th Birthday on Monday and as he loves gardening, and sitting in the garden I decided to use this great Popcorn image. I do love these images but they are rather big. Luckily I had a green 5" x 7" card in stock otherwise there wouldn't have been room for any embellishment at all. The lovely owl paper is Papermania sweet nothings and I added some green leaf brads to the image. I thought I could get away with a flower on the card as it is a gardening card and the flower is brown and green, so not girly. I don't know why we shy away from putting flowers on men's cards though as most men like flowers too, especially gardeners. I used another one of my new ticket sentiments from Alissa Designs. I really do love them.

This card is for the colour challenge of cinnamon, lime and berry at Winter Wonderland. I'm so glad their challenge is going all year, but it isn't just Christmas cards now.

13 comments:

Margreet said...

fab card with a perfectly matching image for this sir.....great colouring!
xxx Margreet

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Great card! I love the sweet Popcorn image and the ticket sentiment is fab.

Lisa x

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne this is a wonderful male card! I bet your friend will love it!
Hugs Lynsey x

pinky said...

Love it, perfect for a male and I agree about Winter Wonderland's idea of all year round for everyone.
Pinky

Pop's Cards said...

This is really cute, love this little bear big hugs Pops x

Susie Sugar said...

What a cute car Marianne and your colouring is lovely
Happy new year Hugs Susie xx

dolcreations said...

How cute is this card! Perfectly done! I love it! That image is simply just to darn cute! Fantastic job on the colouring as he has lots of details! wow
Christine

Lynda said...

What a fun and cute card - it's just perfect for the occasion! Thanks for joining in with us at Winter Wonderland.

Lynda xxx

Ali Dantre said...

Hi Marianne, this is gorgeous hunny. Love that image and those leaf brads are great bellies. Ticket looks great! and Im sure your friend will adore this :-)
Hugs
lisa.xx

Joey said...

Hi Marianne

fabulous card, love the image its wonderful. Thanks for joining us at ww

Joey.x

Teri said...

Marianne ... this is absolutely gorgeous! A perfect 60th birthday card!

Thank you for joining us again at Winter Wonderland.

Teri xxx

Unknown said...

Marianne, what a wonderful 60th Birthday "Male" card, I am sure he will love it....many thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

Teri said...

Lovely card hun!
Thanks for playing at Winter Wonderland this week - hope you can join us next time too!
Hugs,
Teri xx