Friday 12 February 2010

2 bouquets

Maybe that should be 3 bouquets as my lovely hubby brought me home some beautiful pink, burgundy and white flowers for Valentine's Day. Very sensible as the shops will push up the prices tomorrow and Sunday and I can now enjoy them all weekend.

This card is a real change for me and is for the challenge of no stamped or digi image at Creatalicious . I only really got into stamping in a big way about a year ago. Before that my cards were made from stickers, peel offs, die cuts etc. I used to buy a lot of my die cuts from the lovely Tracy at Dies to Die For. The vase I have used on this card is one that has been in my stash from my pre-stamping days. Paper is Pink Parfait and flowers are a mix of Primas and flowers from Wild Orchid, as is the ribbon and pearl bow. Fussy and Fancy want to be dazzled, so I hope they like this card.

The second card is one of the fab new images from Lili of the Valley called Rosie Posy. The colour challenge of red, white, chocolate and pink at Colour Create was a bit scary and not one I would naturally choose. There was also an option of hearts and silver, which I managed with punched hearts and leaves. Hearts and flowers are the theme at Sassy Designs and Polka Doodles. The last challenge is something cute at Stamp Something

I hope you all have a lovely Valentine's weekend. I'm looking forward to lunch out on Sunday followed by snuggling up on the sofa to watch a movie.

22 comments:

Sue said...

Ahhh very cute Marianne,loce your cards.
Sue

pinky said...

Its great to see a card with no stamping, just like I used to make myself before catching this incurable bug lol. Love the flowers Marianne. The lili of the valley stamp is just gorgeous, really cute. Enjoy your meal and snuggle, lucky woman.
Pinky

Jill said...

Marianne I love the card with the flowers its really beautiful and that lily of the valley stamp, its so gorgeous. Have a lovely weekend. Jill x

dolcreations said...

Your card with the flowers in the vase is a wowzer! What a fantastic idea!
Love both your cards!
I hope you have a fabulous Valentines...enjoy those beautiful flowers hubby bought for you!

Milnie said...

great idea with the flower Marianne! I also love the image of your second card, it's adorable!

hugs,

Mélanie

Victoria said...

A fantastic card - So Sorry I have not visited for ages, love your recent work, hope all is ok with you

Vicky x

Maria Matter said...

lovely cards Marianne! love all the flowers!
blessings, Maria

Cheryl said...

Such a gorgeous bouquet,love the bright cheery colours......a beautiful card!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
xx

Tracy said...

Love your cards, and love your LOTV image too. Thanks for joining the Susie's Sassy challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Yogi said...

wonderful mother's day card. Love the flowers. That's really thinking ahead. BIG GRIN
cut Valentine's card too.

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Marianne, what a cute card. Such a sweet image and gorgeous details. Thanks for joining us at Susie's sassy challenge. Hugs, Denise x

Kris said...

She's just precious. Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles this week...Kris

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne,
I love your Mother's Day cards and the flowers look so beautiful on them!
Hope you have a lovely lunch out and enjoy your film.
Hugs Lynsey x

Kerry said...

Your card is so pretty and I love the stamp and the colouring. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

Fabiola said...

j'aime beaucoup elles sont superbes

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Both cards are super cute! I love all of the details! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

Nettie said...

Such a cute card. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles.x

Susie Sugar said...

Wow these are both so cute I love them Marianne
Thanks for joining in this weeks at Susie's Sassy Challenge we hope you will join us again soon
Love Susie

Juanita said...

Lovely cards, love that you used different types of flowers on the first card. I would have been afraid to do it but now I know it will look awesome. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

Tip Top said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful. Thanks for playing at Fussy and Fancy.

Fliss said...

Really lovely work. Thanks for joining in with the Polka Doodles hearts and flowers challenge.
x