Friday 15 October 2010

Vintage

Ha ha the wonder of scheduled posts. If you are reading this on the morning of Friday 15th October then my scheduling has worked and I am either at Heathrow or travelling home. This week at Winter Wonderland it's Janet's turn to host the challenge and she wanted the DT to give it a vintage look. For me that usually means old fashioned girls in bonnets but I decided to do something different and use this fab Father Christmas image which I won in some candy ages ago. I didn't colour the image but just added some glitter to the snowflakes. I kept to traditional red and green using Papermania Winter's Tale papers and an MS zigzag punch. The swirls and holly leaves, on which I used a white gel pen, were cut with Sizzix dies. I added some pearls for berries and a strip of Papermania ribbon. It's quite a different card for me but I am really pleased with it and it makes a change to try something different.

I've got the joy of a week's washing when I get home but will catch up with you all as soon as I can.

7 comments:

Marianne said...

Beautiful christmas card. Love the stamp!! Real vintage look.
Greetings,
Marianne

Marianne said...

Beautiful christmas card. Love the stamp!! Real vintage look.
Greetings,
Marianne

lissy-hanne said...

Hvor er det dog flot, sikke en hyggelig julemand, smukt
KH lissy-hanne

dolcreations said...

Marianne...this is a perfect vintage card! I am definetly going to play this week! I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

pinky said...

Oh its gorgeous Marianne, love that image and love the green scroll corner. Hope you got home safely.
Pinky

downrightcrafty said...

ooooooh comments box is massive hope you get this if blogger not playing properly. Love that image, I have it too, but never actually manage to create anything as lovely as this with it, great vintage feel
have a great weekend
Hugs Kate xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Gorgeous card hun.....i love this Santa image, its beautiful!
hugs and xxx