Wednesday 24 August 2011

You've Passed!

I've managed to make 15 cards in the last 2 days as I need to increase my stock ready for the 3 craft fairs I am doing over the next 5 weeks. I couldn't possible have made that many if I had stamped all the images so have been making some with decoupage and die cuts. I love these LOTV die cuts especially as some of them have images which are not available as stamps yet. I know this one is now but I must admit it saved me a lot of colouring, though that is something I love to do and find very relaxing. When you sell cards people don;t always appreciate how long it takes to colour in an image so these die cuts are great.

I wanted to make the card suitable for male or female and though these papers are Wild Rose For Men think they fit the bill. I used the MS simple scallop punch and added some card candi. The letter L had been cut in half to show they have passed and the sentiment is from the Tulip range from Docrafts.

I would like to enter this into the dies to die for (use die cuts) at Papertake, Primary Colours at Delightful and Bold and bright at One Stop Craft.

I was so pleased that my pirate card I posted on Monday using a Whoopsi Daisy image made top 5.

Passionista

25 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Wow hun, you have been BUSY! This is just super, love the colour combo - know what you mean about peeps not appreciating hand coloured work. Hugs Sxx

misteejay said...

Awww, what a cutie - lovely card.

Toni xx

Claire said...

This is fab Marianne - love the colour combo. Hugs, Claire x

cebelica said...

I like this image a lot. And I think you made a fab card with it. Hugs!

Kirsty said...

Hi Ihave been catching up on your blog and admire how many quality cards you have made. I just love how you have put them all together ! Kitty :D

Marie Richardson said...

I just love this card, the colours are amazing and I love the way you have split the L.
Well done
Hugs
Marie xx

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fabulous...I'm the same got Craft Fayres coming up too so need to get in gear lol

Have a fab day

ali x

Joey said...

WOW Marianne, thats a huge amount of cards, well done you!!! this is gorgeous and I love the layout. Out of intrest hun do you just sell cards at craft fairs? I am still differing on maybe doing one, got my critics in my brain stopping me atm lol, but just wondered what else peeps might like, Joey xxx

Knerten said...

Fabulous caard, Marianne, and a sweet image :-)
15 cards in two days - wow !! Did you get any sleep at all ? I'm very impressed !

Sofie V said...

Hi,

What a cute card! I love the color combo.

Greetings Sofieke

Nannieflash said...

Wow Marianne that is stunning I love all the papers and your image even though it was precoloured looks fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxx

Chrisann said...

Your card is great. Love the design. Good luck at the fairs :)

Sandra H said...

This is a fabulous image love the layout and the colours used truely gorgeous:) Sandra H

coops said...

fabulous card marianne.i love your colours and papers and the image is fab :D

xx coops xx

sallysbitz2 said...

What a fab card x

Thanks for joining us this week @ Delightful Challenges & Good Luck x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

pinky said...

Thats just gorgeous Marianne, boy you are a busy bee:)

Donna Mosley said...

Lovely card Marianne, love the blue/red combo and very sweet image.

Donna x

dolcreations said...

Wow...15 cards! That is alot Marianne! Way to go. I love these colour choices!

debby4000 said...

Oh Marianne this is fabulous and so cute.
luv
Debby

Kim. said...

Wow that is super busy, good luck with the craft fayres.
Love this card and it is perfect for either a boy or girl.
Kim xXx

Lynsey said...

This is a fantastic male card Marianne!
Hugs Lynsey x

Arline said...

Great card...the die cuts do come in handy for quick cards so I know where you are coming from....although I still love colouring too! Fab image though and great 'You've passed' card xx

Creations by Shirl said...

great color combo, and that image is so adorable....

Unknown said...

This lil' guy is so fluffy! I wouldn't have guessed it's not coloured by you, as your colouring is sooo good! The card is great anyway!

Andrea said...

Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)