Sunday 7 December 2014

Happy Hanukkah


A first for me, a Happy Hanukkah card which I made for Cardmaking and Papercraft online magazine. I don't know much about Hanukkah other than it is called The Festival of Light and they light a menorah so I set about finding a suitable image. This is Max with Menorah from Mo Manning. He has been coloured with Copics and I used First Edition Gilded Winter papers as I though the gold appropriate. The die is Memory Box and I added some gold pearls.

Challenges
The Paper Shelter Special celebrations 
Cute Card Thursday Little angels 
Papertake Anything goes 
ALBC Anything goes not Christmas 
Whimsy Anything goes

16 comments:

brenda said...

Like you I don't know much about the celebration Marianne, other than light and your card encompasses that beautifully.

Have a lovely Sunday.

B x

misteejay said...

Adorable card Marianne. I love your PP choice as it works perfectly with the feeling of light.
Toni xx

Carole Pollard said...

Hi Marianne this is a beautiful card to celebrate Hanukkah the deigns is gorgeous and I think you did really well finding a suitable stamp. All I know is its a Jewish celebration Festival of light. I might Google it and find out more you've got me thinking. Love and hugs Carole x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, I love the image and beautiful papers.
Sue xx

Bad Kitty said...

gorgeous card

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card as always x

Sue said...

Gorgeous image and card Marianne,love the colours.
Hugs xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a super cute image...love it
Cheers
Dr Sonia
My latest post: How I repaired my Big Shot

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Marianne.
Lorraine x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very beautiful design and lovely card!

Carol S. said...

It's taken me 11 attempts to get on your blog! Loving this sweet card and Copics colouring is perfection. Hugs, Carol S.xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Marianne, what a sweet card, lovely image and supberb colouring as usual, lovely embellies too, hugs Kate x

Nikki said...

Lovely celebration card. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.

Nikki

Vannessa said...

This is great Marianne and I love all the gold! Thank you for joining in the The Paper Shelter Blog Hop this time.

Hugs, Vannessa
The Paper Shelter DT

Marianne said...

Great card, and thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter.
Hugs, Marianne