Thursday 27 August 2009

New baby


I love the Whiff of Joy stamps but have only rcently bought some. I am really pleased with the way this card turned out. I wanted to make a card for a new baby boy and decided to use lilac and blue as I had outlined the image in lilac with my trusty Promarkers. The papers are all Papermania, the blue I have had for ages and the lilac are from the Amethyst Infusion pack. I love sketches with slanted papers and this one from Creative Card Crew was so lovely to use. The flowers are Hero Arts to which I added some some shiny blue flowers and silver brads. The silver bow was the last one from this pack. Don't you just hate using the last one of something? I have no idea where I bought them which is a shame as they are so lovely and shiny. I used a Sakura clear star pen for some added shine to the frills on her dress and white glitter corner cut with my Sizzix. At Whiff of Joy the challenge is bling and atWhimsy it's a touch of sparkle so I think I have those challenges covered. At Cute Card Thursday the challenge is New Beginnings.

12 comments:

Lynsey said...

Wow Marianne, this is a beautiful baby card! Your colouring looks lovely.
Hugs Lynsey:)

dolcreations said...

This is such a soft card...you have done such a beautiful job. The paper, the colouring! I love how you have personalized it on the bottom of the card as well! Great work!
Christine

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Lovely card! The soft colors are perfect with your image. Beautiful details. Thanks for joining us at Whimsy! :)

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

Beautiful Card! Thanks for sharing!
Amy Leggate

Mandy said...

Beautiful card, love the soft colours
love Mandy xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous and so elegant.
luv
Debby

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Sensational card Marianne. The colours are soft and pretty and you have done wonders with my sketch. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Sharon xx

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Such a pretty baby card!

Lisa x

aardvarkpest said...

Lovely card. Love the lilac and blue combo.

Glenda

Nicola said...

Beautiful card Marianne and your image is so sweet and coloured so beautifully. I adore your colour combo here.
Thank you for playing along with us at the Creative Card Crew this week.
Nicola -x-

Paula said...

Wow such a pretty card Marianne i just adore the image and soft colours. Thanks for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Unknown said...

I so love this image - I used the same one!! Thanks for joining in with us on Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥