Wednesday 26 August 2009

Willow Sketchie and some exciting news.


A lovely lady at work is retiring tomorrow so this card is for her. I followed the sketch at Willow Sketchie. I love these cute little owls. I didn't want to add another circle to the image so inked the edges. The bottom flower was white but I coloured it with a Promarker and added lots of Angel Wings Shimmerz. The papers are papermania Sweet Nothings.

And my exciting news is that I have been invited to be a guest DT for the last 2 weeks of the Winter Wonderland Challenge and the first guest DT for September for the new challenge at Squiggle Stamps. The site launches on 1 September and there will be candy. So don't delay get on over there and become a follower.

8 comments:

pinky said...

Great news Marianne, hope you enjoy it all, I'll be looking out for your creations. Love this card, the image is so cute.
Pinky

Jo said...

Congratulations Marianne, great news and I love your cards. Jo x

Lynsey said...

Fantastic card Marianne! Love the papers you have used. Thanks for joining in the Willow Sketchie Challenge.
Hugs Lynsey:)

sharon said...

Hi Marianne, firstly, sorry for not getting back sooner regarding the blinkie...copy the code on the blog and paste it into an HTML gadget into your side bar. To link it back to the blog..highlight all of the text once in the box and clck the little link bar above and put in the link for blog http://www.willowsketchiechallenge.blogspot.com , this way you will get the blinkie and when you press on it you will go to the blog..hope that makes sense..

Gorgeous card I'm sure she will love it, nice tip with the edges.
Thanks for joining us this week at Willow Sketchie Challenge.xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable owl, wonderful colours and papers. Fab news too.
luv
Debby

Mandy said...

Found you lol. Gorgeous card, it's so cute Marianne and congratulations on the guset DT post I'm so pleased for you. Yes your nagging worked I've joined you in blogland, think I'm getting the hang of it!
Love Mandy xx

jenny said...

Fab card Marianne, love the little owl :0)
Big congrats on your DT news too, looking forward to seeing your cards x

Jenny x

Karen said...

Hi Marianne, very pretty card, I bet the lady loved it. Thanks for joining us at WSC.

xx