Thursday 24 December 2009

Guardian Angel


Graham's home from work and just had a shower so just got time for a quick post with this second card I made today for a few challenges. I tried a few different techniques on this one. The papers are Papermania Boutique. I love the vintage feel to these designs. I tore the blue one, not something I am comfortable doing but much to my surprise I really like the effect. I chalked around my new Whiff of Joy image, which has been paper pieced. The paper for her dress is some old Papermania paper, some of the first I ever bought. I then paper pieced her bolero with a scrap of spotted paper. I added Sakura clearstar pen to the trim. The wings are painted with Angels wings Shimmerz. I couldn't find any suitably coloured flowers so I coloured some white card with a burgundy Promarker and added the blue roses. The lace is some old lace my Mum gave me and the velvet ribbon is from my very untidy ribbon box.
Challenges
Lily-bootoo Paper piecing
Creatalicious Something old (paper, lace), something new (WOJ stamp), something torn (paper), something blue (lots)
Quixotic Lace
Incy Wincy Photo inspiration

13 comments:

Loopylou. said...

gorgeous card marianne, love your paper peicing, thank you for joining in with the fun over on lily-boo too xxxx

Larisa said...

Marianne, so good job! I like the flowers' colouring which looks so nice with the girl's dress. It is harmony )))

jenny said...

Beautiful card Marianne, love the sweet image and the colours x

Jenny xx

Jo said...

Marianne these are gorgeous, you are putting us all to shame!! Many thanks for leaving lovely comments on my blog and I hope you have a super day tomorrow!! Hugs Jo x

Liz said...

Bautiful Marieanne
Tanks for joining incy Wincy

Liz xx

Lynsey said...

Marianne this is such a pretty card, I love the detail you have added especially the lace.
Hugs Lynsey x

cheryl said...

oh this is really gojus hun love the coluring,great detail bless you for joining us at incy designs this week hugs cheryl xxxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card...I adore the touch of blue lace! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatilicious...hope to see you at the next one.

Abby:)

Heather "Hev" said...

Lovely work :)

Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge this fortnight :)

Happy New Year

Cheryl said...

Just beautiful,I love this image and all your wonderful detail!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
xx

LINDA said...

Simply beautiful card.. Love the image and the details are wonderful..
Very lovely work..
Hugs, Linda

MarkerGeek said...

Beautiful!

Thank you for joining in with us at Quixotic Challenges!

Bec said...

So sorry on the delay.. Wow this is so pretty. thanks for joining us at..BBCC