Monday 22 February 2010

Fancy folds



This week's challenge at Kaboodle Doodles is to make a fancy fold card. I was going to make an easel card coz I just love them but I haven't made a gatefold card for so long I decided to try that instead. They are so easy to make but not to photograph, lol! I decided to stick to one paper, but use the stripes both ways. The butterflies on the front are from an X cut dimension punch with some added gems. The sentiment was a freebie with a mag a couple of years ago. Inside I stamped and coloured this lovely rose and cut it out using a nellie die which I then backed with another circle using a scrap of paper. On the sides I made some swirling leaves using a Sizzix die and added some plain and patterned Primas and gems.

Please hop over to Kaboodle Doodles where there is a great prize on offer from Sunshine Stamps. They have some lovely digi images, particularly if you are looking for something different for male cards. You can see lots more fancy folds from the DT there too. It has been great to spot some of my lovely followers joining in the challenge and I'd love to see more of you there. Remember you have 2 weeks to enter the challenges and there is always a prize on offer.

5 comments:

dolcreations said...

Oh Marianne your gate fold card is beautiful. Those butterflies are stunning on there!

Kazabing said...

Hiya there Marianne, Love this type of style of card, the colours are fab and I dig those butterflies.
hugs
Kaza.xxx

Faye said...

Your banging the Mother's Day cards out aren't you! This one is no exception, they are all completely delicious. x

Lynsey said...

Wow what a stunning card! This is so pretty and just perfect for Mother's Day.
Hugs Lynsey x

Pouky said...

This card is really adorable ! Congratulation also for the blog candy ! ;)