Sunday 28 March 2010

Butterflies


SECOND POST FOR TODAY. PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR WW DT CARD.
I was lucky enough to be asked to be guest designer this week at The Crafty Pad. The challenge is to use yellow, orange and green. This is quite a different card for me, with which I am really pleased. I received a sheet of butterflies and this lovely quote, which I decided to make the central feature of my card. I coloured the largest butterfly with Promarkers and Sakura clearstar pen. I added Shimmerz to the green sections of the wings and added some gold gems.Papers are K&Co Daisy. Three mini buttons and three butterfly gems added to the border which I cut with my MS Daisy border punch.
I am also entering this into the challenge of Spring has sprung at Charisma and pastels at Colour Create.

13 comments:

Jill said...

Really gorgeous card and I love the punched border. Jill x

Jo said...

Marianne this is lovely, gorgeous butterfly. Hope you and yours are well. Hugs Jo x

dolcreations said...

Marianne...I have to say this is just stunning. I took some time to just take it all in! Beautiful work! I love that saying!
Sounds like you are going to have some fun at the craft show! No flowers here yet...but mr. weather man says we are going to have very warm temps on Friday....so with that said...things are going to start soon! Anymore pictures!!!!!LOL

Debbie said...

Hi Marianne - thank you for such a beautiful GDT card. :) Love how you have used the verse too. The borders are just gorgeous. :)
Was lovely to have you as GDT. :)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad

Eiglas said...

Pretty card - love the butterfly!
Thank you for coming over to play at Colour Create this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas (GDT)
x

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne
I really like the simple layout of this card, it works really well. Love the quote too!
Hugs Lynsey x

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Marianne
Wow that butterfly is awesome and I love those little orange sparkly ones too
Hugs Kate xx

Lynne in NI said...

Aww this is so pretty, lovin the butterfly theme!
:o)

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous butterfly and fabulous card.
I will look out for you at Ally Pally and if you see me do stop and say hello, would love to met you.
luv
Debby

Milnie said...

ohhh this is gorgeous Marianne!! love the butterfly and poem!!

hugs and have a nice Monday!

Faye said...

This card is soooooooooooooo pretty! xxx

Dena said...

Wow! Your card is gorgeous. Love the butterfly!
Thanks for joining us at Colour Create this week!
Hugs, Dena

Di said...

Really pretty card! thanks for joining Colour Create!
Hugs Di xxx