Sunday 11 April 2010

Excitement at Winter Wonderland

If you are reading this on Sunday then it means my scheduled post has worked and I am happily browsing and buying at the Big Stamp and Scrapbooking Show.

Regular followers of Winter Wonderland will know that some of the original team have sadly left but the DT are determined to keep this great challenge going. This week we have an easy challenge for you, embossing. (Don't blame me for the last challenge, I inherited it, and a great challenge it was too. Many of you wanted to join in but didn't have any Christmas bunnies.) We want as many of you as possible to join in so no excuses this week. Think how grateful you will be nearer Christmas. My stack of Christmas cards is growing nicely.

This week's challenge will run until Thursday 22nd April and there will be 2 prizes of digi images. From 23rd April Winter Wonderland will change to a Friday challenge. There will some great prizes so make sure you hop over on 23rd April. 2 of the DT currently have blog candy on offer if you enter a Winter Wonderland challenge so make sure you visit Kate and Janet's blogs once you have entered the challenge.

I used one of the Whiff of Joy Henry stamps for my card. I punched the corners and inked the edges. He is coloured with PMs and I added glitter to his hat and scarf. The paper was a freebie from a mag. I love the way the pattern is the same in 4 different colours so I kept the embellishments fairly simple. The red card is embossed with my Cuttlebug snowflake folder and I added some snowflakes and gems.

11 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Marianne
Oh I hope you do the teammates proud by spending lots and getting loads of new stash.

I just love Henry Mouse and you have coloured him beautifully love the glitter on the hat, Fab embossing

Take care Hugs Kate xx

Inger Harding said...

Such a super sweet card Marianne!!!
Love that cute image!

♥ greetings, Inger

Unknown said...

Love your card!
Hugs
Kim
x

Linda said...

Very beautiful card
Hugs Linda

Unknown said...

Really like the card Marianne that mouse is sooo cute xx J x

Mandy said...

A lovely card..love the cute little image and he's coloured beautifully...Hope you had a great day at Ally Pally and got lots o new goodies...
Mandy xx

Danielle said...

Beautiful card Marianne - I just love Henry Mouse!! The papers are fab and the embossed panel works so beautifully! Hope you have a fun day at Ally Pally!
Hugs, Danielle

Jill said...

Gorgeous card Marianne, hope you enjoy Big Stamp and Scrapbooking and not spend too much money!! Jill x

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Marinanne, this is so cute.
luv
Debby

Linda said...

I love Henry Mouse and I love your choice of colours for your card design, love Linda

Lynda said...

Love the Mouse - he looks so happy! Fab papers too! Hope you had a great day at Ally Pally. I actually made a card for last week but didn't have a bunny either - followed the sketch but only had a cute rudolph to put on it - at least it's another one for my stash!

Love Lynda xxx