Monday 5 April 2010

In the garden

Happy Easter Monday everyone. It is pouring with rain here so I shall have to satisfy myself with looking at these girls in the garden as I shan't be getting out there today. I had hoped for more cardmaking and blogging time this weekend but I have had time to relax with friends.

We had a lovely day yesterday with some very dear friends. She is in her late 60s and he is 71 and they have just bought their first computer. They had it set up and knew how to use google and that was it so we spent time with them showing them how to use e-mail, the internet and access the games. It was really fun but exhausting. I slept well last night and off to do some shopping this morning. Must change out of my PJs first! I'll try to visit some of you later, time permitting.

As well as hosting my first ever Winter Wonderland challenge (see post below) I am also hosting my first ever Kaboodle Doodles challenge today so hop over as we have a very easy theme this fortnight of digi girl and a fab prize from Pollycraft of 5 digi images. The team have all used Pollycraft images. I just love the 2 little Twiddly Wing girls. I layered the image with patterned paper for a change. Papers are my fave Papermania capsule heather and pink. Flowers are Prima with added brads and spacer.

Other challenges
Peachy Keen sketch
I love digi 3 papers, 2 brads, 1 embellishment
Totally Papercrafts Let's go digital
Pollycraft Anything goes
The Pink Elephant Nature


The second card was made with a Sugar Nellie stamp and the colour scheme of purple and turquoise for the challenge at CRAFT. The theme of fly away and the sketch are for Truly Scrumptious. I punched the fern leaves and butterfly from some of the background papers. Flowers are Prima again with card candy. Other challenges are it's a bug's life at Tuesday Taggers where the sponsor is The Craft Barn, spring garden at Sassy Designs and how does your garden grow at Secret Crafter.

37 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Marianne, loving the mono papers hun, my favourites at the moment. It is raining here too and wow what a fantastic age to learn computing
Hugs Kate xx

Jill said...

What really great cards Marianne, love them both. I am not as old as your friends but I could still do with some computer lessons!! Jill x

Sue said...

morning marriane,2 very beautiful cards,such pretty colours.Thank you for joining us at pollycraft:)

Enjoy your shopping:)

sue
xx

Lynsey said...

Fantastic cards Marianne! Love the colour schemes you have used. They are both such pretty cards!
Thanks for joining in the Pollycraft Challenge this week.
Hugs Lynsey x

Paula said...

both gorgeous Marianne!! Thanks for choosing me to be your sponsor this week, and thanks for joining us at pollycraft!

xx

Trimgym said...

Hi Marianne, lovely to see you joining us again at CRAFT Challenge this week. Lovely card. Good luck in the draw!

Jo and Tigerlover.

KathyJ Peachy Keen Stamps said...

Hi Marianne! Both cards are just great! I love the colors! You did a fabulous job on both! Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen Stamps! :) Hugs, Kathy

Unknown said...

Both are gorgeous Marianne, love the colours and papers.

Thanks for joining us this week at Pollycraft and Totally Papercrafts.

Hugs

Joanne xx

Karin said...

Darling cards and I adore purple! Thanks for playing at I Love Digi!

dolcreations said...

Marianne these cards are adorable! It was so nice of you to take the time and show your friends how to use their computer! Now she can come to your blog anytime and check out your beautiful creations!

Pauline said...

Love both your cards, your colouring is fab. Pauline x

Joey said...

Hi Marianne

Two fabulous cards and great colour choice. I agree with you I would have to look at them enjoying the garden for me its dull here!.Thankyou for joining us at Pollycraft and Totally Papercrafts this week.

Joey.xxx

Emma said...

Adorable cards Marianne, love the colours and layouts.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Lorie said...

Your cards are wonderful, Maryanne! Thanks for playing along with us at PKS!

Hugs,
Lorie

Elaine ♥ said...

A very pretty card and gorgeous image :)

Thanks for joining us at I Love Digi this fortnight :)

Elaine x

Sue said...

Hi Marrianne
two gorgeous cards fabby images & layouts, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

SallyB said...

Two really super spring cards..I love the butterfly punch and your mix of papers.
Thanks for joining in with Susie's Sassy Challenge.

Dragonlady said...

Hi Marianne

Two gorgeous cards. Love all the papers and embellies. Thanks for joining us at I Love Digi.

Hugs Ali x

Faye said...

Two totally delish cards. Hope you've had a lovely Easter. x

Becky said...

What beautiful cards!! Love your Pollycraft one, so sweet!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Pollycraft!
Love Becky xx

Helen said...

Lovely cards!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

So pretty

Thanks for joining us on SCSC & I LOVE DIGI :)

Hugs Jane x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Susie’s Sassy Challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Susie Sugar said...

A beautiful Card Marianne
The colours are stunning
Thanks for joining our Spring garden theme Susie's Sassy Challenge
Hugs Susie xx

Unknown said...

So so sweet & right in line with our challenge, Marianne! Thanks for creating with us at TPE!

cats whiskers said...

These are just stunning dear, I love the colour schemes on both
Hugs Jacqui x

Julie said...

2 gorgeous cards, lovely papers too. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
Julie x

Poppy said...

gorgeous cards.
Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi
poppy

The Crafty Den said...

Oh how cute and such pretty colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Susie's sassy challenge. Hugs, Denise x

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Marianne. Love the colours you've used and the cute image also. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Gorgeouss card :) thanks for joining us at TPC and Pollycraft this week.
Hugs Ria

Unknown said...

Hi Marianne,
Gorgeous cards Marianne, super images. Thanks for joining us at I Love Digi.
Hugs
Dawn x

Paul said...

Such an unusual colour combo. Thanks for joining us at I LOVE DIGI. Hope you enjoyed the challenge.
TFS
Paul

Christy said...

Absolutely fabulous :)

Sprytebyrd said...

Such wonderful cards! I love the patterns and colors on your garden friends card! So sweet and a lovely image!
Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Digi!
Dee (Spryte)

Milliesmarvels said...

Great card! Thanks for joning us for the I love Digi Challenge!
Jane
x

Callie said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi.