Friday 23 September 2011

Up, up and away

Something different to share with you today. I just love scrapbooking but never seem to find the time to create layouts. Reading my Docrafts mag yesterday I thought I really should find more time for layouts as I have so many photos I want to use. As the journalling says this was our first time in a tethered hot air balloon and this is the highest one in the world I believe. It was an absolutely wonderful experience. A beautiful clear day meant we could see for miles and I was so glad I went up in it as I was a little nervous about it. 

Although I love it I do find starting a page quite daunting as I have 12" x 12" albums. I sorted through my 12 x 12 papers as I knew I had bought the Crafty Bitz balloon paper recently, reduced to 20p, as it would go so well with this photo. I wanted to keep most of the colours fairly muted so used the brown HOTP papers. The title was made with some old rub ons from Poundland. I added a bit of distressing with torn paper and the star cut with a Sizzi die from Core'dinations which I sanded and added a brad. I've tried something new with the ribbon and really like the result. I made a frame for the photo by debossing some Core'dinations with swiss dots and sanding and added some wooden star buttons which I bought in America. I must try to find some more of these. The journal note is Papermania Persimmon.

Challenges:
Stampalot Frame it up
By the Cute and Girly All things bright and beautiful
Dream Valley Buttons
Try it on Tuesday Anything Goes (What a Wonderful World)
Fab n Funky Hard to make

I've got the bug now so plan to take more time out to make more layouts this Winter.

20 comments:

Kathleen said...

Fantastic Scrappage. Fab LO. I too miss my scrapping and have lots of photos. I must do it this winter.
Kathleen x

Lisa Jane said...

what a fab layout,, a great way to showcase the fab pic
Thanks for joining us at BTC&G this month
Lisa x

dolcreations said...

What a great layour Marianne! Wow! The paper you used in the background is PERFECT! You are so brave to go up in that hot air balloon. What a gorgeous balloon!

PinksyDoodles said...

A great layout to record a wonderful memory.
Thank you for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

Berry said...

Fab work Marianne love that LO! Hugs Rebekah xx

Стокли said...

Beautiful picture.

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous Marianne....and I cannot wait to meet you tomorrow :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Sandra H said...

This is a great layout and what a nice way to show off your pictures :) Sandra H

brenda said...

I am exactly the same with l/o's Marianne, something about the size gives me a total mental block.

But you look to haver overcome that problem compeltely here with a fab l/o of a really special experience.

I don't rememebr seeing that baloon when we last visited, but there is so much to see it's easy to miss things.

Thanks for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month.

B x

Francesca said...

what a beautiful layout,

thanks for joining us at
Sir Stampalot challenge this month and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Meggymay said...

Fantastic page, thankyou for joining us at TioT's this week.

Tracy said...

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

pinky said...

Its a beautiful layout Marianne. I love scrapbooking too but NEVER get the chance to do any:( Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

melsanford said...

Lovely layout! The papers are fab and I love those buttons :-) Thankyou for joining us at Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Emma H said...

What a gorgeous layout! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab N Funky this week!

Sally H said...

A fabulous LO! Thanks for sharing it with us at sir stampalot this month and Good luck!

Unknown said...

What a fab Scrapbook page, thanks playing along with TioT this week
hugs
Ildiko

Scrappychick said...

Gorgeous layout!! Thanks for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky, we hope to see you again and good luck!
Cyndi

Susie said...

A fantastic layout, well done - love that ribbon effect and the star buttons! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley for our button challenge. Susie x

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Fabulous layout and what a fab picture too!! Thanks for sharing at By the Cute & Girly’s *Bright and Beautiful* challenge.

Hugzzz
Tammy

* I have some candy up for grabs at Creations LaDiva :) Hope to see you there !