Thursday 22 December 2011

Something completely different

A quick post from me as I am busy working on some Crafter's Companion samples. I thought I would share this card with you, which I made recently for a civil partnership. One of the couple is American and as neither of them are girly girls I went with a red, white and blue them using DCWV Nantucket papers. This is an 8" square card so I used large Go Kreate dies, Marianne star die circle, MS heart and double loop border punches. I also used my neglected X cut ribbon border punch and threaded navy ribbon through the paper. I added an LOTV sentiment, some pearl stars and a large navy bow.

I'll be back tomorrow with my Winter Wonderland DT card and candy winner.

12 comments:

Vicky said...

It's lovely Marianne....love the layout and colour combo too hun :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Marianne great layout too..love your use of the ribbon

Anne

Debbie said...

Beautiful card dearie.Love the bright colours and fab ribbon.Love Debbie x

Jill said...

Such a sweet card Marianne. Just taking this opportunity to say that I hope you have a very happy Christmas and new year. Jill x

Catherine said...

Lovely card, love the red, white and blue...

pinky said...

It really is different for you Marianne but its gorgeous! Hope you have a very happy Christmas. Hugs
Pinky

Lisa Jane said...

whata great idea.. it looks fab, i bet they loved it
Lisa x

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the layout & choice of colors. Nice embellishing.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous hun love the spotty paper. Do you know I finally used my ribbon punch thing the other day as well its been VERY neglected lately.

Hope you have a fabulous christmas & all the very best for 2012 hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Sandra H said...

Hi Marianne, yes so different but still very beautiful:) Sandra H

coops said...

gorgeous card marianne.i love your bold colours and fab design :D

xx coops xx

Lynsey said...

This is a fab card Marianne!
Hugs Lynsey x