Thursday 31 May 2012

Cake and bunting - time to celebrate

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments and support on yesterday's post. I was able to enjoy making some cards for myself rather than feeling the pressure of making cards to send away. I really loved making this one using one of the gorgeous Sugar Nellie fairies. She has been coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers and I used a Sakura Rosestar pen for a bit of sparkle. The papers are the new Lucy Cromwell ones again. The cupcakes and bunting were just perfect for the look I had in mind. I used an EK border punch, Nestie for the image and used the scalloped circle Nesties to make the bunting. A couple of Memory Box die cut butterflies to finish it off.
Challenges
Simon Says Anything Goes
Sketch Saturday Great sketch
Party Time Tuesday Anything Goes
Divas by Design Anything Goes

Unfortunately I need to do some housework and ironing today but I'm sure I will fit in some crafting later.

22 comments:

Karen said...

She's beautiful honey - I was just looking at this stamp yesterday funnily enough.. I haven't even inked this one up yet (I know a crime..) hehehe.xx

Catherine said...

Fab card, love those papers and the pretty bunting...

Sue said...

such a lovely card. The image is so sweet and the colours are gorgeous

Sue

Lynsey said...

Wow gorgeous grirly card Marianne! Your colouring looks beautiful!
Hugs Lynsey x

Unknown said...

a beautiful card Marianne its terrible those charms jumping in ur basket it happens to me all the time, hehe
Chris x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card and pretty papers Marianne

Anne

craftymum said...

Super card, as always!
hugs Sarah x

Tonya said...

Your card is so cute! The papers are gorgeous and the image is adorable.

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. wish i looked like that cutie when i baked my cakes!
Gorgeous colours and love the scalloped circle bunting
Thanks for joining us at Divas
Lisa x

Unknown said...

Hi Marianne, oooh gorgeous card! Love the image and the papers are just beautiful.

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

Sarah

Joey said...

Marianne this is totally adorable, gorgeous bunting too. Joey x

Berry said...

So pretty Marianne I love it all hugs rebekah xx

Pink Dandelion said...

Beautiful card. Lovely image, beautifully coloured. Debs xx

Laura said...

Hi Marianne, I LOVE this card you have made! I love the sparkle and the colours are fab.
Laura xx

Donna Mosley said...

Marianne, this is so gorgeous hun. You can see how much you loved making this one. Love the very sweet image and pretty papers and details. Sounds like a busy day with the chores. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

Donna x

Wendy said...

So gorgeous Marianne,love the sweet image and pretty papers.
Wendy xx

Sandra H said...

This is so beautiful Marianne, as always a lovely image and beautiful layout:)x

debby4000 said...

Oh I love you're wonderful card, its so adorable.
luv
Debby

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

Gorgeous card. I love the colours and she's such an adorable image which you've coloured in beautifully.

Happy Crafting!!! :) X X

Arline said...

Such a pretty card! Love the papers and colour scheme. Stunning xx

tiggertastic said...

such pretty colours you have put together on this card
Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog
Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Craft Us Crazy ,Bearly Mine Designs and DT Coordinator Kenny K
Guest Designer (MAY) for Sketch Saturday

Mandy said...

Marianne your card is absolutely gorgeous, the image is adorable and the papers are so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx