Monday 24 December 2012

My 5 Favourite Christmas cards of 2012


As some of you will know every year Debby sets us the almost impossible task of choosing our five 5 Christmas cards of the year. Now I make a lot of Christmas cards as I make all the ones we send and also a lot to sell. Anyway here are my 5 in no particular order.


My hubby's Christmas card. I wanted this stamp for a while and was delighted to win it on eBay. I really wanted to make several cards with it but resisted as I wanted to save it to use on his card. Expect to see it a lot next year. Love the distressing and vintage look too.


I chose this one as it is my favourite Whiff of Joy stamp and it is a real challenge to colour. Every year I get better though. It also feature my fave Christmas sentiments this year, the Grunge sentiments from LOTV, gorgeous ribbon from Crafty Ribbons and the bird and cage which I love.


Sugar Nellie stamps are some of my favourites and I loved using blue and brown this Christmas.



I chose this as it is a very different card for me and I plan to make some more of these next year.


I had to choose a LOTV card and as I love making boys cards decided to choose this one instead of the girly images which I was tempted to choose.


I just had to have a 6th as I couldn't leave out Krista's wonderful images. I could have chosen any of them but I really like my colouring on this one and the distressed Core'dinations, ribbon and bells. 

Whew, that was a difficult choice and I could easily have chosen 10 but I limited myself to 5 6 and no purple in sight! Hope you will play along too as I would love to see what everyone else chooses.

Hope you are having a lovely Christmas Eve.

24 comments:

Vicky said...

They are all so gorgeous Marianne..and wishing you a very merry Christmas too Hun...

Big hugs VIcky xx

Sue said...

WOW! A fabulous selection of cards Marianne. I love the images and gorgeous colours

Sue xx

Wendy said...

These are all so gorgeous Marianne.
Merry Christmas.
Wendy xx

Sandra H said...

Your choice Marianne are stunning x

Sandra H said...

Marianne......Wishing you and yours a wonderful time over this festive period xx

Fiona said...

gorgeous Marianne...i'm off to try to do mine now!!

Merry Christmas.

Fi
x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marianne, a stunning set of cards, they are all so beautiful it would be difficult to pick a winner. I also want to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas. hugs Shirleyxxx

Lisa Jane said...

what fabulous cards .. love that postcard .. Merry Christmas Marianne
Lisa x

coops said...

so stunning marianne.really fabulous selection, especially the last one wink :D
wishing you a really happy christmas and thanks for all your comments on my blog this year ;D

xx coops xx

mags said...

A gorgeous selection of cards Marianne.
Wishing you and your family a lovely christmas and a happy new year.
Mags
x

mags said...

A gorgeous selection of cards Marianne.
Wishing you and your family a lovely christmas and a happy new year.
Mags
x

Debbie said...

Stunning cards dearie.All so different yet gorgeous.Merry Christmas.Big hugs Debbie x

Lorraine said...

Fabulous cards Marianne. They are all gorgeous.
Happy Christmas
Lorraine x

Elaine said...

A stunning collection of cards Marianne, each one beautiful and unique.

Wishing you the very Merriest of Christmas's and a Happy New Year.

Big hugs to you
Love Elaine xx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Fab cards! Merry Christmas!

Karina said...

Gorgeous cards, Marianne! All of them are so unique and beautiful. Wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Hugs, Karina

Fabiana Strehlow said...

Todos maravilhosos, Marianne!
Parabéns pela bela seleção!

Feliz Natal!
Abraços,
Fabiana.

Jackie said...

Wonderful selection of your favourites, mine is the first one although I love them all.
What a lot of gorgeous cards since my last visit too :o)
Jackie xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh they are all brilliant, I love your Hubbys card best though with the old fashioned stamp and the Fabby pink papers, Love Hazelxox

Anonymous said...

Super selection, love them

Ali x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards. My favourite is the first one....one of my new stamps! Love it.. S x

Lynne in NI said...

Love your top picks, they're all gorgeous but probably your hubby's card is my fave. TFS :)

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

What a gorgeous selection Marianne!!!! Thanks for the inspiration! Happy Holidays to you and yours!
Tammy at Créations LaDiva :) xx

I have some candy on my blog, would love to have you join, still a few days left :) Thank you if you already have ☺

debby4000 said...

Wonderful selection Marianne although I love that house my favourite is the one you sent me.
Thanks you for joining My Favourite Five Christmas Cards.
luv
Debby