Tuesday 25 October 2016

Have a heart


I enjoyed making the felt owls which I shared with you last week so I thought I would have a go at making something else. I tried a Spellbinders die and was delighted that it cut felt so easily. I also found these flower dies which came free with a magazine and they also cut straight through felt. I really liked the idea of a button in the middle of the flower too. Off I went to Hobbycraft for some different coloured felt and a bag of filling. Here is the result of my design. I am hoping these will sell well all year round as I love making them. The beauty of sewing is I can do it whilst watching TV which I can't do when cardmaking.  Of course some programmes like Poldark demand my full attention so the sewing gets put away when that is on.

I would like to enter these into anything goes challenge at Not just cards.

24 comments:

misteejay said...

They look so lovely Marianne. I have been enjoying a bit of sewing & knitting in front of the TV.
Toni xx

aussie aNNie said...

These are just gorgeous.Beautiful creations...love the colours.xx {aNNie}

Margreet said...

Lovely hearts Marianne!
xxx Margreet

meg said...

they are beautiful a lovely selection of colours

meg said...

they are beautiful a lovely selection of colours

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These are lovely and sure to sell well. That's a very neat blanket stitch around the edges, finishes them off beautifully.
Lorraine

Galina (MarLen Mom) said...

So lovely! What kind of felt do you use?

Fikreta said...

so lovely!
hugs

Carole Pollard said...

So pretty these look gorgeous Love and hugs Carole x

Christine Dol said...

These felt hearts are so cute! They would be so nice on top of a gift instead of a bow or even as a car key chain! Adorable! I can't believe the spellbinders die goes thru felt...the possibilities are endless now!!!

Kat W said...

Gorgeous little hearts and the jewel colours are so pretty :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx

Linda Simpson said...

These are so cute.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Tinka's paper wonderlland said...

Cute hearts!!
♥Hugs Valentina♥

cuilliesocks said...

They are lovely Marianne, lovely colours and I'm sure they will sell well, Kate x

Chrissy said...

These a just gorgeous Marianne..

luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

These are really lovely Marianne and will sell like hotcakes for sure xx

Erika said...

Poldark was a naughty boy on Sunday though!

Loving your hearts. They'd be great for the Christmas tree or a garland. All the dies are just fab with felt. Have fun!

Hugs Erika. x

cotnob said...

These are pretty Marianne, your stitching looks very neat.
Pauline
x

Lorraine said...

Very pretty hearts Marianne.
Lorraine x

Doreen said...

Love you felt hearts Marianne.xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable hearts of felt with the flowers and the buttons, they could be a great gift!!

Sandra H said...

Oooh wow super cute!

Wendy said...

Love these Marianne, they are gorgeous!
Wendy xx

Tracy Welham said...

Gorgeous, lovely decorations. Creative Blessings, Tracy x