Friday 21 April 2017

Foamarin flowers


A very early start for me this morning as we are at he hospital shop with my card and gifts. We like to set up the night before but now that the powerboat racing season has started we have to set up this morning as hubby was volunteering driving a rescue boat last night. I hope my back holds out as it is still rather painful.

So I wanted to share my first foamarin flowers with you. There are some incredible flowers around made with this but I am quite pleased with my first attempts. I watched a demo at Ally Pally and bought some foamarin and stamens and had a go. Here is the lilac one in the middle on this box.


And here is the white one which actually has lilac edges I coloured with ink but they don't seem to be showing in this picture very well.


So these boxes will be on sale today. I will be experimenting with the faomarin some more. If you haven't seen it then it is a very thin foam which stretches especially after heating, There are some great videos on you tube and some wonderful examples in blogland and on Facebook.

24 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful makes Marianne

Liz said...

Oh WOW! These are beautiful, Marianne. I've never heard of foamarin, it looks like a fun thing to play with! xx

Grudniowe Handmade said...

Beautiful :)

Isobel said...

Boxes are beautiful Marianne. I'm sure they will sell no bother x

misteejay said...

Beautiful boxes Marianne and the flowers are so pretty.
Hope your back doesn't give you too much of a problem today.
Toni xx

Wendy L said...

They are very pretty Marianne. My first attempt looked OK but I cant get the edges crinkly, I may to buy a new die!!!!!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous boxes Marianne and just love the flower's have a lovely week end
Dianne xx :)

Sandra H said...

Awww wow they are just so pretty x

cotnob said...

Beautiful boxes Marianne, your flowers are fabulous.
I hope you have a good day and your back holds out for you.
Paulilne - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Stamps and Paper said...

These are very pretty flowers Marianne and make lovely embellishments on your boxes

Anne

Carole Pollard said...

Such pretty boxes and flowers I like the look of these fhomarin flowers not bought any yet stop tempting me. Hope the shop goes well you have some lovely things Love and hugs Carole x

Valerija said...

Wonderful boxes. Love the embellishments.
Valerija xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Marianne, these are stunning boxes, I love all the decorations and colours, I'm sure they will sell well, Kate x

Tracy Welham said...

Gorgeous Marianne, I'm sure these will be snapped up quickly by your customers. I hope your back holds up and you have a good weekend. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous flowers. I hope you had a very successful day and your back held out for you.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jan said...

What a fabulous projects those flowers are gorgeous. We would love it if you could share this on our Fabulous Foamiran group on FB xx Jan
https://www.facebook.com/groups/688324341370029/

Lisa said...

Your flowers look so gorgeous!! I have some Foamarin and I haven't had a chance to use it yet...you've inspired me!! Love these!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Carol S. said...

Very pretty boxes and the flowers are gorgeous. Hope you had a good sales day and your back is ok. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Deborah said...

Beautifully decorated boxes Marianne. I haven't seen or heard of faomarin, but after seeing your flowers I'm intrigued, they are gorgeous. Hope your back doesn't feel too bad at the end of the day and you have had a successful one.
Deborah A

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I have never seen this thin foam, thanks for sharing! Your flowers are wonderful!

Juls said...

Beautiful xx

Debra K. said...

Fabulous boxes Marianne! Your flowers have turned out beautifully, I can't believe this was your first attempt at making them. I've got some Foamarin but have yet to have a go with it but when I do I hope they turn out half as good as yours. Debra x

Christine Dol said...

Absolutely beautiful Marianne! Hope your back gets better day by day!

Fikreta said...

gorgeous boxes!